Monday, May 30, 2011

God Came Down



God
came
down
arms
spread
wide
touched
the
tender
side
of
us

By Yvette Massey

There is a special place I go to pray that is situated in our back field about a 1/2 mile from our back porch.  This place is framed by two very old, mangled cedar trees that have withstood lightening, hail, high winds, and drought.  When I sit between these trees I can hear them moan and groan as they sway in the wind.  I feel close to God in this place because those trees have been touched by His glorious power.  During Easter weekend I went to this place to pray and found several fallan branches that needed to be dragged off.  As I was clearing the area, I noticed a huge branch that resembled a cross.  The cross in the photo above was made from that branch and a string of rusty barbed wire I pulled off an old fence.  While I was trimming the branch for the cross, my Beloved came over to help and the project turned into an awsome act of worship. The cross is buried 3 feet into the ground and stands about 5 1/2 feet above the ground. This cross is amazing to me because the branch fell from one of my precious trees - a true gift from God that touched the tender side of me!

5 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

Tears are streaming down my face as I read this...from the branches God gave you to make the cross to your "beloved" helping you form it...I pray that one day I may experience something so deeply stirring and worshipful with my own "beloved."

Regina said...

What a lovely setting..and how very touching- great photos!!
Wishing you a wonderful week-

Laura said...

Oh, Yvette. What a gorgeous piece of art. But so much more. Such a lovely place to meet with our Lord. Beautiful.

Monica Sharman said...

How priceless to see the photo and the "Love Came Down" to go with it. You inspire me to seek out a special place again. I had one in summer of 2008 but haven't regularly gone there since.

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful words and a great inspiration to seek God in that special place! When we draw near to Him he will draw near to us!